Happy Belated Birthday: When you delay sending your best wishes for someone’s birthday, you have a lot of options to say that you regret coming late and you still wish them a happy birthday. If you are using the term “belated”, however, there is no doubt – Happy Belated Birthday is the wrong way to do so. Happy Birthday is the right formulation.
Best Caption: Birthday Instagram Captions
- Belated Happy Birthday. I do not know how I missed your birthday, but I hope it was a good one and that you enjoyed your special day. Best wishes for the coming year.
- Somehow, I lost track of time, and I seem to have missed your special day. I am so sorry. I hope that it was spectacular.
- As I get older, it gets harder to remember important dates. Now that you are a year older, maybe you can understand. I hope it was a good one.
Also, Read: Happy Birthday Images
Happy Belated Birthday vs. Belated Happy Birthday
The Go-to Late Birthday greeting includes the phrase “Happy Birthday” and the word Bellet. It comes in two variants – Happy Belated Birthday vs. Belated Happy Birthday. One of the two can usually be used more in the United States, and funnily enough, it is one that is not at all logical – Happy Birthday. Let’s see why.
Read Also: Happy Birthday Messages
- I don’t know where this place is actually, but obviously, I’m from here. You’ll always be my family so happy birthday wishes to you.
- I’m so sorry I forgot to remember your birthday.
- I know I’m late with your birthday card, but at least I’m on time with an apology.
- There’s a very good reason why this birthday wish is late. I forgot. I’m sorry! I hope your day was terrific.
- I’m sorry this birthday card isn’t on time, but it’s actually the earliest I’ve ever been late!
- My thoughts of you were on time — it’s only the CARD that’s late! I hope you had a great birthday.
- It wasn’t your birthday I forgot — it was the date. I hope your day was happy.
- Cause this birthday is just for you and well, I wanted to stand out, that is why I let the crowd do their thing yesterday. Belated happy birthday, dear friend.
- There is this part of the world where it is customary to send birthday wishes days after the birthday has passed, and it has my name on the entrance to the city.
Read Also: Happy Birthday Greetings
Examples of Belated Happy Birthday
Canter knew things were on the mend when Axl’s close ally, Del James, wished Slash a belated happy birthday on Twitter on July 23 last year—something unthinkable unless Axl and Slash were reconciled. — The Daily Mail
It was a belated ‘Happy Birthday’ to Her Majesty as families turned out for a celebratory cream tea yesterday. — Cambridge News
The Meaning of Happy Belated Birthday
You are the reason why my life seems complete and abundant. You bring a smile on my face every day. Happy birthday my love!
I am wishing you the sincerest of birthday wishes today. Every word comes straight from the heart. Happy Birthday My Hubby!!
Congratulations on your birthday! Sending you our love and good wishes. Happy Birthday
May your birthday be sprinkled with fun and laughter. Have a great day!
Happy Birthday, dear wife! You always make me realize how fortunate I am for having you in my life!
love you so much!
The word Belated means something is late or late. If you wrote the phrase birthday Belated but changed the word to its synonym “late,” you would get birthday wishes. And this may be true if a birthday was something that happened late, but since a birthday is the anniversary of someone’s birth, it may be late or early for that matter. Greetings can be late, but so it makes a lot of sense to say Happy Belated Birthday, which is why a happy birthday is a correct formulation. When you write the greeting correctly, the belated wishes the phrase a happy birthday. When you spell it incorrectly, happy modifies the phrase as a birthday. Along with sending other Belated, you should keep this in mind. Happy Birthday Images